Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Don't Put All Your Eggs In One Basket


Last week David Clare, the director of Information and Communication Systems for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, came to our class to speak about how the Church is using technology. One thing David said that stuck out to me was that cloud computing is the now and the future. I don't think this is a bad thing altogether, but I do have reservations concerning cloud storage of sensitive information. I'm interested in cyber security so the idea of putting loads of private data into one place seems dangerous to me. There's always a way to break into things, as recent high-profile hacking incidents have proved, and we're putting all our eggs in one locked basket. I don't deny the usefulness and even the necessity of doing so but I hope that the risks are properly taken into account and measures taken to prevent hacking.

No comments:

Post a Comment