Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Come to the Nerd Side, we have pi (Rewrite)


It's funny to compare the early days of nerds working on computers in garages with today where those skills are fairly common. I've felt for sometime that people from all walks of life will learn to program as computers become more ubiquitous. I believe I'm an example of this trend. While I have interests that would be considered nerdy (who doesn't anymore?), I don't consider myself one. Computer science wasn't on my radar until I took an introductory course and found I enjoyed it. With websites such as Code Academy, Code School, and the one in this article, many people without formal training may find themselves in the same position I did. All this came about because a handful of nerds turned their passions into something that can be used and enjoyed by everyone.

http://www.wired.com/2014/09/exercism/

No comments:

Post a Comment